[AMPS] SSB interference

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SSB interference
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 12:26:44 -0700

>> I don't want to ever put out a bad signal.  I'm thankful that I have a
>> means, through other hams on the net I check into, to give me a reading of
>> relative signal quality.  Is there a better way.
>
>Many Ks worth of test equipment will give a quantitative result rather than
>a qualitative one.
>
>Is it possible that some of the IMDs were generated deliberately ?

There are undoubtedly some sociopathic hams out there.  N5PS was the
postal employee who took 15 lives in Oklahoma.  John Wayne Gacy
reportedly taught morse code classes when he wasn't ramming boys' a----.
 It is my opinion that there are some hams who create splatter to get
attention from others.  I heard about one case in Fresno, CA where the
problem ceased after some person or persons took bolt cutters and dropped
a 70 foot tower with beams across ye olde ham shack roof.

cheers