[AMPS] Re: Re: Mission Impossible

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Re: Mission Impossible
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 17:48:32 -0000
Peter says:

        >What we heard during the contest was genuinely poor signals from a
>number of stations, not receiver overload !

I reiterate that when I heard K1AR, both on 20 and 40, the signal was clean.

Some guys did appear to have too much speech processing, so the signal was
clean, but distorted. As Peter says, in many cases, it appears to be not
knowing how to use the knobs on the transceiver (turn clockwise gives more,
right?) But I didn't find so many of the named stations spreading to the
extent Peter did.

73

Peter G3RZP