[AMPS] G2DAF information and BS content

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] G2DAF information and BS content
From: baycock@HIWAAY.NET (Bill Aycock)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 07:27:40 -0600
I am not an amplifier expert- but, before retirement, I was recognized as a
BS detection expert.- There is a lot of that going out about the DAF

1. I have seen NO-ONE detract the G2DAF who has actually built one
according to the original circuits, and really TRIED to make it work.
1a. I have seen several reports, all anecdotal, about people who say they
sound good. Some of these sources are also experts.
2. ALL the bad reports I have seen were anecdotal, but refered to someone
who said he was using a DAF, but- (the sinker) "my own improvements".
3. Rich, nor anyone else, can be honest in saying that the thing is bad,
with any believability. This stems from the fact that he, or anyone else,
can make it "not work" if he, or they, choose. Making it work is also hard
to prove, because some peoples minds are made up, and they will find
errors, real or imaginary.
Sad to say, on this subject, Rich, like Chip on any subject, has lost
credibility.
4. The BS content on both sides has been high- high enough that no further
claims, either way, are really worth making.
5. the foregoing statement is worth very little, and wont stop anything.

With high regards (really)- Bill- W4BSSG
-
Bill Aycock          W4BSG              EM64vr
Jackson County, AL

W4BSG is "vanity" this time, but was
earned by exam in 1954, the first time.

w4bsg@arrl.net