[AMPS] Dentron MLA 2500 Amplifier?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Dentron MLA 2500 Amplifier?
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 13:28:10 -0600

> Can anyone tell me about the Dentron MLA 2500 Amplifier? Does it have tuned
> inputs. Looking for general information, size, weight, etc. Were these amps
> any good? Also looking for pros and cons. What should the price be for one in
> good shape? Thanks in advance, Kurt, K3KL...

The tubes are VERY expensive, Kurt.....almost $1000/pair!.
See May 1996 QST for article on "New Life for entron MLA2500s" by
George Daughters, AB6YL. Lots of your questions answered there.
There are no tuned input circuits; the cathodes are driven directly.
I have no experience with this amp, so I will not comment on operation.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC