[AMPS] 3/2 power law and Rich's very wide signal

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 3/2 power law and Rich's very wide signal
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:02:41 -0700

>Rich, why is the 8171 your favorite benchmark??   Seems to me that few of us
>have/need/use a 10KW dissipation tube.  Other than the handles... is there
>some magic with this moose?

The anode cooler is so  large that it cools ok on ssb with a 1700 rpm
blower instead of the usual 3400rpm blower.  .  This makes much less
noise.  // The anode cooler is a straight through design that makes much
less noise than the 8169 and 8281 coolers.  //  It is not short on peak
emission. //  It can be had for not much money.  //  It is fairly
durable. //   It can be rebuilt. //   It can be operated in ultra linear
Class A at 1500w out.