[AMPS] L4B parasitic reistors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] L4B parasitic reistors
From: kpevin@mediaone.net (Kevin P)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:28:51 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01BFA918.82371360

Hi All,

I picked up a very nice L4B the other day that works FB (only used it on =
40/80m though).  When I took it apart to clean the tubes and dust off =
the chassis I noticed that two of the three 15ohm 2watt resistors on the =
each suppressor was completely burned through in half.  Interstingly, =
one resistor out of the three on each one looks like it never got hot at =
all.  I am going to replace all the resisters but I was wondering why =
two out of the three resistors are almost vaporized while one is intact. =
 I dont see any sighs of arcing or overheating anywhere else in the amp =
- it looks like brand new otherwise.

73,
Kevin
KB9UPV

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01BFA918.82371360

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I picked up a&nbsp;very nice L4B the =
other day that=20
works FB (only used it on 40/80m though).&nbsp; When I took it apart to =
clean=20
the tubes and dust off the chassis I noticed that two of the three 15ohm =
2watt=20
resistors on the each suppressor was completely burned through in =
half.&nbsp;=20
Interstingly, one resistor out of the three on each one looks like it =
never got=20
hot at all.&nbsp; I am going to replace all the resisters but I was =
wondering=20
why two out of the three resistors are almost vaporized while one is=20
intact.&nbsp; I dont see any sighs of arcing or overheating anywhere =
else in the=20
amp - it looks like brand new otherwise.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>73,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Kevin</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>KB9UPV</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01BFA918.82371360--