[AMPS] High Voltage Connectors?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] High Voltage Connectors?
From: Carl Clawson" <ws7l@arrl.net (Carl Clawson)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 20:32:57 -0700
> SHV are the best if you can find them - only a bit more expensive.

Try www.pasternack.com for them. They have the lowest prices I've seen,
$12.00 for RG-58 or 59 clamp, and panel-mount jacks for as low as $10.00.

For the ultimate in safety, consider "pigtailing" your RF deck with a
hard-wired HV line. You'll save the price of a connector pair, and you'll
NEVER have a dangling open live HV connector in the shack.

Probability of death = (probability of me doing something stupid)
X (probability of death given that I did something stupid)

Whatever the first factor works out to, improving the second one always
helps.

73, Carl WS7L