[AMPS] re: Heathkit SB 201 to SB 200 conversion

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] re: Heathkit SB 201 to SB 200 conversion
From: nospam4me@juno.com (nospam4me@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 17:16:25 -0700

Hola' amps folks,

I picked up an SB-201 which I'd like to add the 10 meter
position into.  Does anyone have a copy of the conversion
instructions from Heathkit they'd be willing to share with
me.  I have an SB 200 now to compare it to, but the
instructions would be handy.

Looks like Heathkit went through major paranoid redesign
on the SB-201 to avoid the 10 meter band.  I don' t have a
circuit diagram for the 201, but there appears to be a "filter
board" enclosed in a pop riveted metal cover next to the
tube base.  The tank circuit looks normal enough, but wow
at the input side of the amplifier.

Lots of things to do to the amplifier before it hits the air again.
Thanks for any conversion help you can provide.

73's
skipp  wv6f
nospam4me@juno.com
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!