[AMPS] Practical PI Nets

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Practical PI Nets
From: Wt8r@aol.com (Wt8r@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 19:51:19 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/00 7:18:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, n2bc@stny.rr.com
writes:

>  I do have an Autek RF-1 analyzer.  Would a useful approach be to provide
the
>  desired plate load via a resistor, approximate the values of C1 and C2,
then
>  adjust L1 and L2 for 50 ohms at the output measured by the RF-1?
>
>  Any other real world approaches (sans fancy instruments) ?
>
>  THX,  Bill  N2BC

--------------------------------------

Bill,

I am currently doing the same thing with a Pi-L tank.  I use a carbon
resistor of the proper value to simulate the anode impedance.  I use a
capacitance meter to set the proper values of capacitance for Ct & Cload and
drive the tank output with my MFJ SWR Antenna Analyzer, using the frequency
meter and SWR bridge to determine the resonant frequency of the tank.  Since
capacitance vaues can be determined very accurately, it is best to set them
and then adjust the inductors to bring them into comformance.

Good luck.

Dave, WT8R