[AMPS] Plate cap question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Plate cap question
From: w2ge@home.com (Phil Levin W2GE)
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 07:37:31 -0400

In a hypothetical Mono-band amp lets say that the plate cap has 6 rotor
and 6 stator plates for a total cap. of say 30pf.  This plate cap dips
(resonates, tunes..??) with a total mesh of only say 20%.

My question, would there be advantages to removing rotor and stator
plates so that the dip occurs with much more of a mesh??

Is there some sort of reason to get a good mesh (especially that this
amp is MONO-band) versus just a tiny??

I can see that with less plates it would be less sensitive to tune, is
there any other (magical...that is to me, as I am NO amp genius)
reason???

2) CAn anyone see any sort of reason to have the loading amp physically
right next to and parallel with the final output tube(s).  Would this
induce some sort of neutralization, etc...???

Thanks, Phil W2GE