[AMPS] QSK5 Unit

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] QSK5 Unit
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 14:49:10 -0400
Until I started experimenting with QSK timing, I never used a scope.  Now, I
leave it on-line all the time and I would never do without it.  It's
interesting to not only hear, but see the effects of an amplifier's
electronic bias circuit on a keyed waveform.  I should have mentioned that I
also use an accelerated "speed-up" circuit on all my amplifier's vacuum
relays.  Between the speed-up circuit and the auxiliary open-collector, I've
never seen hot-switching on my scope.  A good acceleration circuit coupled
with a Kilovac HC-1 is tough to beat.

Incidentally, Kenwood makes a great, "near lab quality" scope in their CS
series.   I have a CS-4125 which I believe sells for around $380 from Print
Products International ( www.prodintl.com ).  It's accuracy and resolution
is far better than the ham-oriented monitor scopes.

-Paul, W9AC