[AMPS] Emtron DX1

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Emtron DX1
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 12:49:47 -0400
> metals in the boiler.  In order to solve these problems, the coolant
> would have to be protected from contact with the atmosphere.  //  Murphy
> was right, everything Is more complicated than it looks.

Very true Rich.  As a practical matter, one generally changes the water
every six months or 3,000 miles, which ever occurs first.  I see very little
H.V. leakage due to the effects of water contamination for a duration of
perhaps 10-12 months, but I also run the amp in a very clean,
air-conditioned environment.  By then, just enough water has escaped by way
of evaporation through the vent pipes, requiring a "topping-off" to the
normal water volume.  I can usually have the amp up on the blocks, drained,
new distilled water added, and ready to hit the street in about ten minutes.
While I'm at it, I generally give the inside an inspection, and thorough hit
of compressed air in a well-ventilated area to keep the amp looking nice
under the hood.

-Paul, W9AC