[AMPS] Capacitor

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Capacitor
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:56:30 EDT
On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 15:30:38 +0200 "Cuypers" <oll02561@online.be> writes:

>Hello,
>Can anyone tell me what the RF-current handling capability is of these
>Murata 30 kV / 2700-3300 pF,  N4700 type blocking capacitors ( from 1,8
>30Mhz) ? Would they do for padders on 160 and 80 mtr? Does Murata have a
>Web-site with the specs? Thanks.
>"73" de Ed on4cfz@online.be

Hi Ed,
   Yes, they do have a web site but, last time I looked they didn't have
the RF caps on-line.

   I do have a catalog (from the last millennium) and it sounds like you
are describing something from their DHS series.

   The DHS parts are not good for RF.  Their dissipation factor >1% at 1
MHz and it just gets worse as the frequency increases.

73,
  Marv  WC6W

*

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!