SV: [AMPS] " Kein Rauch ohne Feuer ...."

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: [AMPS] " Kein Rauch ohne Feuer ...."
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (sm5ki)
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 08:38:39 +0000
The funny thing is that overloaded components sometimes last much longer
than theory says. Look at the old SB 220: that tiny receiving type switch in
the output circuitry! Very very soft as compared to commercial switches.
That very weak 80 meter coil! My ex amplifier ( the very first in Sweden
buit by me in 1968 -69? ) has never failed and is still in use up there
above the Arctic circle with its original 3-500Zs with graphite anodes.
Amazing. I always said, that one has to forget whats inside the SB 220 and
look at the performance instead. A very fb buy at a used price only a little
bit higher than a pair of new 3-500ZGs made in France ( same as the original
tubes - the only difference is that little glass plate that lifts up the
tube from the socket - less tendency for bad soldered pins to produce bad
contact ).

The Midsommer Night was great - come and see us next Midsummer in Sweden "
the land of the midnight sin " and them very fantastic roller coils, hi!

Prosit de Hans SM5KI