[AMPS] Tube 'Peak' Ratings

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tube 'Peak' Ratings
From: tony@uch.net (UT7CT--> Anton Koval)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 01:21:58 +0400
        The GS series of the Russian tubes have been made for the pulse
radar operations. Thus the manual says: peak voltage is say 6 kV and the
constant load not to exceed 3 kV.
    Practically I have been running a couple of PAs "loading" the tube at
3300 - 3500 V. Max I could get was about 2.5 kW output power on HF. The PA
was driven by the TS-50 S !!
    73 !
---------

UT7CT Ham Radio Devices - Fine range of hand keys, paddles
collectable keys. Svetlana tubes. Shack rentals. Details at
http://www.qsl.net/ut7ct   tony@uch.net  ICQ#19487420