[AMPS] DC Output

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] DC Output
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 14:51:29 +0100
Jeff says:

>Assuming that the .5 amp rating is CCS, I have found that you can safely
>assume that the 1250 watt rating can be used ICAS.

But remember the ICAS means that, and modes such as RTTY and SSTV tend not to
fit too well into such ratings. Even contesting if you have a lot of speech
processing can be a problem; a fan blowing on the transformer will often help a
lot if you are pushing things. If not, as Jeff says, you can push things quite a
way. I have an xfmr with a military rating of 275mA DC continuous into a bridge
with a choke input filter; I've had no problem, even when contesting, pushing it
to 700mA on speech peaks with a tuned choke input.

73

Peter G3RZP