SV: [AMPS] Suppressors, measurements, and acrimonious blather

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: [AMPS] Suppressors, measurements, and acrimonious blather
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (sm5ki)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 21:33:31 +0200
Those white ERIE (?) ( composite?) resistors used in PYE equipment around
1957 were really drifting. On one occasion in 1957 I repaired a receiver in
a 70 MHz AM station ( one of the two first Taxi radio stations in Sweden )
that had a sensitivity of several millivolts. By replacing about 10
resistors that had drifted many % away from the original value only after a
few years usage , the receiver went back to the original sensitivity. As the
same kind of white resistors were used in many other British communication
gear, one wonders if someone else on this net can give an explanation.

But nothing can be worse than the brown hygroscopic WIMA condensers used in
those years!

de Hans SM5KI