[AMPS] Relays hanging up

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Relays hanging up
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:13:31 -0700

>Colin,
>
>My receive problem was due to the T/R relay in my HF-2500.  Burnished the
>contacts with some paper, and everything is now fine.
>
>This is a 12VDC, DPDT, open-frame relay.  What specific relay do you
>recommend that I use to replace it?  It's a pain to get to and I'd like a
>permanent solution.  It's no fun calling DX in a pile-up, and then the
>receiver goes dead!

Open frame relays are not fast enough to avoid hotswitching with a modern
radio.  The parts for the high speed switching mod on my Web site cost
less than $60 total.  See Figure 7B.  No user has reported an
intermittent problem with the Matsushita rhodium/gold contact reed relay
we supply.   .

cheers, Ken

end