[AMPS] Fw: Help please FL7000 with TS570D

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Fw: Help please FL7000 with TS570D
From: W0YR@aol.com (W0YR@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 07:47:36 EDT
Will you have the instruction manual for the FL-7000?

If you do, there is a complete description in there on how to set up the ALC
so that it will NOT kick off.   99% of the problems with the FL-7000 relate
to people overdriving them.  With mine it only takes 40 - 45 watts to drive
it to full 500 watt output.

The FL-7000's ALC should be adjusted while it is running into a good, flat
load.  Also, you should retune the amp (automatic when you hit the start
button) if you make wide excursions around the band.   Be sure you have a
cable to connect to the rig's ALC input.   The ALC connection on the FL-7000
is an RCA phono jack.

I would not try to use it on CW / QSK.   While it is possible, you need to
adjust the weight of the keyer and it takes an external receive to hear what
you're doing while adjusting it.

If you do not have the instruction manual, I will get the important pages to
you.

I am always amazed to read about trouble people have had.  It's nearly always
cockpit trouble or people trying to abuse the amp.

73

Mike
W0YR