[AMPS] Pride Amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Pride Amp
From: billydeanward@hotmail.com (Billy Ward)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 04:14:52 GMT
I just read a couple of remarks about the Pride amp that uses the 4CX250B.
The best I was able to determine is that some think that it is not suitable
for use on the ham bands. In the interest of the way amateur radio used to
be and in the light of the excellant discussions that I have read in this
forum, I have a hard time believeing that it would even be an issue that it
is not fit for the ham bands.  Surly you know how to make it fit.  And It
doesn't take a genius to realize that the parts count in the amplifier is
very good for the price that they can be picked up for. Re-making one is
much cheaper than buying one that is right or building one from scratch.

Billy