[AMPS] Ameritron AL-811H

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Ameritron AL-811H
From: da_kang@hotmail.com (Jeff Wolf)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:01:38 GMT
>>The best advantage I can think of is that the 572 is continued in
>>production, whereas the 811A was announced as being dropped.
>>
>>Makes me want to go with the 572B

>...and where does that little bit of misinformation spring from?

>73, Tom W8JI
>w8ji@contesting.com

Taken from Svetlana website:  http://www.svetlana.com/docs/dictionary.html
About halfway down page.

"811A--glass power triode, high mu, used in older transmitters and other
equipment. Svetlana no longer offers an 811A, although we do sell the
higher-dissipation 572B (an exact plug-in replacement for 811As) and the
lower-mu 812A. Also see Technical Bulletins 2, 13, 17, and 24."

So, Tom, are you going to tell us that you know more about the internal
offerings of Svetlana than the company itself?

--Toll_Free