[AMPS] CBers The last Word?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] CBers The last Word?
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:54:36 -0700

>At 10:41 PM 8/30/00, you wrote:
>
>>If only we could get the ARRL to use their influence to work with the FCC
>>on this problem.
>>John AB4ET
>>
>I may just be cynical John and you probably have been licensed longer than
>I but in the 30 years of experience with the ARRL that  I know, I don't
>think their interest go beyond a well greased  bureaucracy (don't make
>waves and keep the constituency  on the hook with just enough bait to keep
>the grease flowing). I agree there is no way CB'ers should be anywhere
>close to a multi hop frequency but don't hold your breath waiting for any
>govt. institution to say they made a mistake let alone correct it.

Amen to that, Dave.
The Treasury Dept.  made the Susan B. Anthony coin so close to the size
of the quarter,  it was regularly confused with quarters.  As a result,
the Susan B. was not liked by those who spend money.  //  A bank teller
told me the Treasury Dept. has discovered that people are not spending
Sacajaweah dollars.  The size of the Sacajaweah dollar is identical with
the Susan B. Anthony.
Hows about a Jefferson $2 dollar coin that is 0.1mm larger than the
Sacajaweah $1?
cheers

note - Thomas Jefferson recommended that citizens should keep their guns
in case they needed to change their government again.

end