[AMPS] ????

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ????
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 17:35:15 -0700

>Well, I guess I will put this out to the board...asked Tom and Rick but no
>response.

?  I sent you a response on 8/31.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
>Date:   9/3/00 11:44:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time
>From:   HAMKE4WY
>To: W8JI@contesting.com
>
>Tom, since you were the creator of Ameritron.

?  Dennis Had was the founder of Ameritron.  Mr. Had reportedly lost the
company in a divorce court decision.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
>Date:   8/31/00 8:56:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time
>From:   HAMKE4WY
>To: 2@vc.net
>
>Rick, as far as a good legal limit commercial amp. What
>amps would you suggest?? Alpha 87A, Henry 3K Ultra, Commander, QRO,
>Ameritron
>etc. Also any design problems with any of the companies I mentioned.
>
>Thanks for your time 73 de KE4WY Jim

My reply to Jim:

>Rick, as far as a good legal limit commercial amp. What
>amps would you suggest??

They all have problems.  There is no perfect amplifier.  For example, two
of the henry amps use 5.9v on 3-500Z filaments.

>Alpha 87A, Henry 3K Ultra, Commander, QRO,
>Ameritron etc. Also any design problems with any of the companies I
>mentioned.

Yes.

cheers,  Jim

end