[AMPS] Relays instead of a bandswitch

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Relays instead of a bandswitch
From: wy6k@yahoo.com (michael watts)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 17:12:02 -0700 (PDT)
I intend to build an amp using relays to accomplish
bandswitching.  I plan to use my good ole SB221 as a
test bed and have my own relays fabricated.  They will
not be vacuum relays, they will resemble a solid
silver bar pulled into and out of some oppossed finger
stock by a solenoid.

The goal is to gain physical freedom so that tank
components can be located wherever is desired without
regard to the need to locate the bandswitching knob
where it is convenient for the operator while avoiding
any low class mechanical crud like gears and motors.
(As a EE I'm biased against mechanical solutions).

Any comments?

Mike wy6k