[AMPS] Amp Explosions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Amp Explosions
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 10:26:35 -0500
> I flipped on the HV and there was a lightning show in the plate compartment.
> After closely inspecting the compartment, I found a very small reminant of
> the spider that had decided to take up residence there.

Cleanliness is next to Godliness...especially in amps.
At least an annual spring cleaning and blower/fan oiling should be done.
It is amazing how much crud and critter material can build up over a short
period of time. It is also amazing how little animal/vegetable/mineral material
it takes to produce a bang in the RF/power supply compartments, and
reduce efficiency of fan/blower blades.
This is simply good  P/M, and will enhance the resale value later on.
Most commercial broadcast transmitters I have seen are clean enough to
eat off of. A little "elbow grease" once or twice per year just makes good
sense.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC