[AMPS] Voltage at antenna end. de K0FF

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Voltage at antenna end. de K0FF
From: da_kang@hotmail.com (Jeff Wolf)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 18:56:42 GMT
>if I understand the question, my opinion is yes absolutely. I've made some
>pretty good traps on PVC pipe for just such an antenna and have had them
>catch on fire due to the corona. The HV exists every where the current is
>at a minimum, regardless of the antenna type. If an end fed 1/2 wave for
>example it will be at both ends , that's why it's called a "voltage feed".

>We just usually tend to feed a 1/2 wave in the center so it's an easy match
>for coax. No matter where it's fed, it works the same way. Geo>K0FF

In playing with the LOWfer band in high school, I also found that some
grades and colors of PVC pipe are MUCH more affected by RF than others.  We
used them for making the loading coils and tanks for the LOWfer CW
transmitters.  Some would stick the value of L so far off in left field that
you would be removing multiple turns from the inductor to get it right,
while others (and it even varied by manufacturer) would be right on the
money.

--Toll Free