[AMPS] From Ron, K5BDJ rbigg@pcola.gulf.net

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] From Ron, K5BDJ rbigg@pcola.gulf.net
From: k6ndv@contesting.com (Will)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 05:01:58 -0700
reply to: rbigg@pcola.gulf.net
for some reason this bounced.

I have just run across a roller coil a friend offered me.  It is labelled as
a slug tuned unit.  I haven't heard of slug tuned roller coils previously
(I'm familiar with slug tuned fixed coils).  They may have been around for
years, I just haven't stumbled across one that I knew was listed as such.

Anyway, the question I have is whether there is anything inherently
unsuitable about the slug tuned roller coil for use in an antenna tuner
(this particular one is approx 30mh inductance)?  I would like to use this
one in an antenna tuner, if there isn't any particular reason not to.

73 de Ron, K5BDJ  rbigg@pcola.gulf.net