[AMPS] 3-500z repair question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 3-500z repair question
From: vogler@innercite.com (Bill Vogler)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:07:17 -0700
I know this has been covered in the past, but I can't remember, or find the
answer to my question.

I have a 3-500z that has the solder melted in the pins of the heater
element. It came from a poorly designed (LK500A) amplifier that doesn't have
adequate cooling in the socket area. The filaments don't light up. In the
past this has happened and I simply re-melted the solder in the filament
pins and this fixed the problem. This time it didn't work and the filaments
don't light up. Is there any special technique that a "home-owner/civilian"
can perform to get this tube back to health?

TIA and 73s

Bill, w6qd