[AMPS] Watt meters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Watt meters
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:21:41 -0400
At 01:35 PM 9/26/00 -0700, Jim wrote:

>For our business I just tried to buy a watt meter from RF Applications.  We
>wanted their VFD watt meter. They have a three week or better waiting time.
>Their dealers have no stock.  I don't understand how they run a business
>that way, but many do.  We had the same problem when we ordered amplifiers.
>No one had stock.  All quoted a long wait.  Any recommendations other than a
>Bird for a QRO watt meter that can read peak output?

Jim, I'd wait.  The VFD is definitely worth it.  It's simply wonderful to
be able to tune your amp with a string of dots, have the wattmeter follow
it, and all with the ergonomic ease of the led bar graph.

They have been overwhelmed with demand, I'm sure, since Dayton and all the
good word of mouth going around.  You can't ramp up production overnight,
unfortunately.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database