[AMPS] SB-220 Smoke Test

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 Smoke Test
From: tduffy@sygnet.com (Tim Duffy)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:19:44 -0500
So what benefit did directly grounding the grids bring?

More output on any or all bands for the same drive power?

The same output on any or all bands for LESS drive power?

A better VSWR between the radio and the amplifier input? The stock 220 input
VSWR on 10 and 15 is pretty poor.

Does the amp tune smother on 10 and 15?

In short, you said it works, but what does the change do to make it worth while?

73,
Tim K3LR