[AMPS] Feedback path 3-500Z

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Feedback path 3-500Z
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:10:35 -0700

>In a message dated 09/29/2000 11:42:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time, 2@vc.net
>writes:
>
><<
> ?  No one that I know has seen Mr Rauch's alleged 205KHz oscillation in a
> SB-220.  At least two people have seen the 220's normal damped wave
> ringing at 110MHz on a spectrum analyzer.
>
> on and on and on
>
> end >>
>the sb220 goes way back, where these problems noticed by kit builders from
>the get go??   hank

Indeed, Hank.  Three important - but overlooked - clues were that
suppressor resistors were intermittently burning up on 40m -  there was a
double dip when tuning up on 40m - and the 3800wv Tune-C was
intermittently arcing with a 2900v anode supply.  It was a pretty good
bet that something weird had to be going on.    Murphy was right.
Everything is more complicated that it looks.

cheers

end