[AMPS] DC Filaments???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] DC Filaments???
From: kc4slk@csrlink.net (Mike Sawyer)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:05:14 -0500
Randall,
    It is an established fact that the ART-13 transmitter used during WW II,
utilized DC filament voltages on not only the 813 , but the 811 modulators
and the 1625 in the oscillator. Also, DC was utilized on the T-195
transmitter (3 4X150's with 26 V filaments) and the matching receiver, the
R-392. It is apparent the military used DC quite extensively without any
harm. I'm in no way an authority but me thinks you were fed a line....
Hope that helps.
Mike(y)
W3SLK