[AMPS] Bird meters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Bird meters
From: eb5agv@ctv.es (JOSE V. GAVILA (EB5AGV/EC5AAU))
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 08:46:08 +0200
Hi Peter & List,

>Does anyone know if Bird thruline meters are linear meters (i.e. deflection
>directly proportional to current) with a non-linear scale, or if they are
>non-linear meters (i.e. deflection proportional to a function of current)
with
>a non-linear scale?

Good question :-)!

I can do some test in my Bird 43 because my unit has a mod (already done
when I bought it) which is a BNC connector installed at one of the lateral
slug receptacles, which is connected in parallel with the meter. BTW, is
this a usual arrangement?. Perhaps a factory mod (it seems neatly done)?.
Anyway, I could check voltage vs deflection, if this is useful for you.

Regards,

JOSE
  73 EB5AGV / EC5AAU - JOSE V. GAVILA
     La Canyada - Valencia (SPAIN)