[AMPS] amp project: 4-400s X 4

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] amp project: 4-400s X 4
From: k7fm@teleport.com (Lamb)
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 18:51:03 -0700
Marv suggests using the old computer power supplies to provide regulated
filament voltages for PA tubes.

Marv, you really know how to spoil a guy's day.

I collect old tubes, old transformers, old radios, old meters and power
supply parts.  I have more than I need and I still collect them.  In short,
I collect junk.  But, I have felt good about myself because I do throw some
things out.  One of the few things I throw out has been old computer
switching power supplies - because they were not good for anything.

Now, however, you have changed even that.  If my wife ever asked me "do you
throw anything out?", I had been prepared to answer "old computer power
supplies".  So, if I start collecting old switching power supplies, what am
I going to tell my wife I throw out?

Despite that, it is a great idea!

73,  Colin  K7FM