[AMPS] Reforming PS caps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Reforming PS caps
From: kb7ww@chatusa.com (KB7WW Art Moe)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:52:40 -0700
I would like to reform the PS caps in an old Swan Amp that has not
been turned on for over 10 years. I have a few questions before I
start. I will be using an old Eico Cap tester but the eye tube no
longer works. The output voltage is still there and is variable
from 0 to about 400 volts. I will use external meters to monitor
voltage and current.

Questions:

1. When starting at 0 volts and going up what should the current be
   limited to???

2.  When the voltage reaches the rating of the Cap what should the
    leakage current be??? (Ball Park)

Thanks guys

Art
KB7WW