[AMPS] High-SWR protection

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] High-SWR protection
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 06:59:05 -0500
> I'm sorry to hear this.  All I can say is that I also have two Bird
> wattmeters and an assortment of slugs; and the first thing I'll do when I
> get a VFD is to check it against the Birds.  If it's inaccurate I'll send
> it back and hope they'll make it right.  In any case, I'll report my
> findings to the AMPS reflector!
>
> Thanks for the heads-up.
>
> 73 de Chuck W1HIS

A Bird meter is + or - 5% of full scale anywhere on the scale, when
calibrated within factory specs.

With that in mind, if you are using a 2500 watt slug to read 1500
watts the actual power can be 125 watts high or low of 1500 watts.

I have seen many Bird meters that were out of spec also. So be
careful that your Bird (or Birds) is not off. They are by no means
absolute standards.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com