[AMPS] DC Filaments???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] DC Filaments???
From: jeff@wa1hco.mv.com (jeff millar)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 02:09:58 -0500
Then why to tubes have a finite service life?

Maybe because the filament gets poisoned by gases...then
DC or AC won't matter.

Maybe because sustained emission degrades emission...then
DC will make a difference and reversing it will help distribute
the load.

Maybe because of temperature and trying to get emission
when the tube doesn't want to give it...then DC/AC won't
matter.

My understanding from CRT's and Tube lore tells me that
an emitter has a finite life based on how hard it's used. So,
I think DC/AC matters.