[AMPS] DC on filament

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] DC on filament
From: k7cw@qsl.net (Paul Kiesel)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 18:10:51 -0800 (PST)
Maybe someone has already mentioned this; I haven't
been following this topic closely. But, a long time
ago, I remember reading that the problem with using
direct current on filaments was that there was some
sort of uneven shock applied to the filament each time
the current was applied or removed and that this
causes the filament to become weaker at some specific
place and ultimately causes the tube to fail
prematurely. It made sense to me at the time, but it
was so long ago that I read it, I can't be more
specific.

Paul  K7CW