SV: [AMPS] advice on an old SB-220

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: [AMPS] advice on an old SB-220
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (sm5ki)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 06:18:17 +0100
In the latest issue of the Brittish ELECTRONICS WORLD  (11/2000) there is an
interesting article called " NEW LIFE FOR OLD VALVES" where the author
actually accelerated the gettering process by a factor of five by putting
small tubes  ( valves,hi ) in an 120C oven for 12hours. As I understand it
he could reduce the gas grid current for lower input noise in small signal
tubes used at low signal  levels such as microphone input.

So, could this be applied in a 3-500Z by increasing the temperature even
further? Very nice methode then in the  Swedish climate where the
temperature sometimes goes down to very low levels. My flat needs that
additional heat then, hi!

Prosit de Hans SM5KI