[AMPS] 240VAC Amplifier Wiring

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 240VAC Amplifier Wiring
From: ccc@space.mit.edu (Chuck Counselman)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:23:41 -0500
Paul Christensen W9AC <paulc@mediaone.net> wrote:
>...Have any of you successfully tried configuration #3, also assuming there
>may exist a 4-pole 240VAC plug/receptacle?

The local electrician had installed a four-pin (two phases, neutral, and
ground) outlet in my shack, but when I got my Henry amp., its line cord had
only three wires, which were for the two opposite phases of 240 VAC and a
chassis/cabinet ground.  So I installed a three-pin plug on the cord, having
just these three pins/blades, and no neutral pin.  It was a universal sort of
plug that I found at Home Depot.  It had a nice big sturdy molded nylon shell
and an assortment of pins/blades that you could insert or not.

-Chuck W1HIS