SV: [AMPS] possible amp tube

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: [AMPS] possible amp tube
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (sm5ki)
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 08:43:23 +0100
Tom:

Our problem with those Russian tubes is, that very little if ever seems to
have been published of how linear they are in SSB? Nothing about distorsion
like in the EIMAC publications. Those surplus tubes from the miltary must be
of high quality and reliability as much money and effort was put into this
according to Russian hams on the bands.

One important question is, why they did not they make copies of the
excellent 88 family (8877, 8874 etc) and why did not the proposed 3-600Z
come out from Svetlana?

Lets here your answer on that Tom?