[AMPS] Max-con, magic antenna box info requested

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Max-con, magic antenna box info requested
From: k9mk@flash.net (Mike Krzystyniak)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 14:35:44 -0600
Sorry everyone.  I was agreeing with Phil when I hit the send button too soon.
:-)

One of the locals has one of these puppies here.  After I convinced him that the
design was based on a dummy load, he agreed to try a real antenna called a
dipole.  He could not believe the improvement when he put up the dipole to
compare performance!  1-6 s units depending on the band!

Yes, dummy laods are broadband devices too!

I wonder what the "con" in "Max-con" stands for?  Oh wait, that's the wrong
name... Sorry...  ;-)

73's  Mike