SV: [AMPS] ncl parts

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: [AMPS] ncl parts
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (sm5ki)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:09:07 +0100
Go ahead and buy an EMTRON made in Australia.

Fantastic quality and relatively cheap for the quality you get.. Their amps
use a modular system with many protection circuits and cheap Russian tubes.
The smallest amp, the DX1, uses a 1200VA c-core transformer for a 1000W pep
output. And the latest version of this amp coming out is more quite then the
first one, I heard. Look at their home page:    http://www.emtron.com.au  A
DX1 was used in the late VP6BR expedition. Jukka ran more than 21000 qsos (
700 a day some days ) without failure.

They produce a number of even bigger amps for hams and commercial use. The
biggest amp has 4500 w pep out/ 3000W RTTY. I heard they use one in Timor
right now.

Prosit de Hans SM5KI