[AMPS] Grounds

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Grounds
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 17:22:51 -0000
Andy said:

>Amazing how little current is required to make a cow jump!

I was very surprised to find how susceptible cows are to electrocution.
Apparently, they can get killed in thunderstorms with a near strike because you
get a potential difference along the ground surface, and it doesn't have to be
that big between front and back legs to kill them.

100mA RCDs are only available for industrial installations - I wanted one for my
workshop, but couldn't get one without having an industrial consumer unit
fitted. So I don't have one at all - the DC injection into the 3 phase motors
for braking puts an unbalance in the mains for some reason.

73

Peter G3RZP