[AMPS] SWR Protection

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SWR Protection
From: ve3tu@rac.ca (Steve)
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 17:03:09 +0000
Talking about more interesting aspects of amps, I was wondering if
anyone knows of a single chip microprocessor or pic that has 4 or 8 A/D
converters in the chip that can monitor 4 input simultaneously. I am
planning on building a swr protection board for a solid state amp using
a 68hc11 chip that has a single A/D converter that has selected inputs.
It takes 32 micro seconds to do each conversion so you don't really get
a snapshot of the forward and reflected power at the same time. I know
the you can fudge it with software and get it close but I an interest in
simultaneous reading on the A/D input or a simple outboard A/D chip
would do.

tu es 73 Steve VE3TU