[AMPS] SWR Protection

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SWR Protection
From: ve3tu@rac.ca (Steve)
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 20:58:02 +0000
Hi Tom, it is plain to see that there are two types of people that are
discussing this swr protection system. The ones that have blown expensive rf
transistors like you Peter and I and probably several others that are not making
comments on this subject or are not on this reflector. Then there are the others
that talk about how to blow or not blow expensive rf transistors. The best
solution is to use cheap rf transistors with some protection cct. or use
expensive ones with good protection cct. Until you blow some expensive
transistors the talk is only academic. The pot I stirred up seem to be getting
bigger , now back to parasitics hi hi.

Steve