[AMPS] Clipperton-L Mod.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Clipperton-L Mod.
From: baycock@HIWAAY.NET (Bill Aycock)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 16:01:22 -0600
I have just acquired a Clipperton-L, and have a minor problem, and would
appreciate some (more) hand-holding, as I check it out.

As I trace the wiring (input) according to the factory Mod instructions, it
seems that the 10M mod was only partly done. The filter board (labelled
FL-1) is still in place, and is still wired in. My impression is that the
filter is to 'block' any signal in the 'naughty' range, and much of the
Mods is just taking it out.  Am I right?

Can anyone confirm the reason for the existance of FL-1?

The parts of the Mod that are physically more tedious seem to have been
done. (These are the removal of the Tank and switch enough that the switch
stop can be re-set).

Any clues anyone can give me will be appreciated. Several of the group have
been VERY helpful, already, including one OM who copied the whole manual
(and Mod instructions) and emailed them to me.

Bill-W4BSG

-
Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill
 Woodville, Alabama, US 35776