[AMPS] Realistic Lifetime tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Realistic Lifetime tubes
From: ka4u@charter.net (John Simmons)
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 16:53:14 +0000
Hello to all
I recently purchased a Amp Supply LA-1000 with 4 ea. 6LQ6 tubes.   I was
told that the tubes were bad.
I noticed that the  tubes were Realistic Lifetime warranty tubes so I
thought why not take them to the local Radio Shack store and see if they
would replace them.   Much to my surprise they replaced the tubes no
questions ask :-)
Just for information if you have any old Realistic tubes laying around
it might be worth a trip to RS to see if they will replace them.   I
know people on the list think this is QRP amp but it will do until I can
gather enough parts to build a real amp using the GS-35b that I
purchased recently.
John  KA4U
mailto:ka4u@charter.net