[AMPS] 77SX

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 77SX
From: apollo_six@btinternet.com (paul)
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 19:57:53 +0000
In most of Europe we do not have 110 volts as the normal supply. T

he normal voltage in Europe is around (and it is around depending on
which parts you live) 240 volts at 50 HZ.

One leg being Hot (brown wire but could be red), the other leg (neutral
and blue wire but could be black)) being close to ground but not to be
considered ground/earth even though it is eventually connected to it at
the supply transformer and possibly at other places though that's
outside the scope of this discussion . And Earth which should be
connected to earth and is green//yellow.

Ground must not under any circumstances be used as the normal path of
any current carrying circuit, it must only be used as a protective
connection and safety electrical path in the event of a fault should any
metalwork become live.

Paul

In message <3A522C59.75C475FB@rakefet.com>, Vic Rosenthal
<rakefet@rakefet.com> writes