[AMPS] HV Cable

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] HV Cable
From: w5kp@swbell.net (J. G. Kincade)
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 21:37:59 -0600
Mouser sells tinned rubber-insulated #18 5KV and 10KV test lead wire in 100
ft spools, red or black, for between $25 and $35 per 100 ft. I just ordered
a spool of red for a transmitter project. Breakdown voltage in each case is
20KV+, if I remember the specs correctly. The 10KV is about 1/4", the 5KV is
smaller. Radio shack also has it in their commercial catalog, but only in
the 5KV flavor. Don't see why anybody needs anything more exotic, unless for
a 100KV tesla coil or something like that. This stuff should easily handle
the 2500-3000V in my homebrew rig.
73, Jerry W5KP